The Parks & Recreation Department offers a creative and fun Counselor in Training (C.I.T) program designed to mold young teens into leaders. The C.I.T program gives teens the opportunity to prepare for future employment by including an interviewing portion to strengthen their skills, experience working with youth, and a chance to serve in leading roles throughout the day in camp.
C.I.T. Application/Selection Process
- Applications are located at the Recreation Center (650 Shell Blvd.) or online. Spaces are limited!
- You must fill out an application and submit it to the Recreation Center by fax, walk-in, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are due before April 15, 2016 by 5:00pm. Late applications will not be accepted!
- Applicants will then be scheduled for an interview, date/time/location are all to be determined based on availability.
- After the group interview, accepted applicants will have to attend a mandatory training on June 18, 2016. Program fees are due after an applicant has been accepted into the program.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2016 by 5:00pm
- Interviews begin: April 18, 2016
- Mandatory training: June 18, 2016