For more information about this project contact Jennifer Liu, Parks and Recreation Director at (650) 286-3390 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow this Link to Access the FAQ Page.
Information about this project will be regularly included in the City's newsletters. To subscribe, follow the links to the Foster City Current and Business e-Newsletters.
The City Council authorized a Recreation Center Master Plan Study as a component of the Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget and established an Ad Hoc Subcommittee to guide a needs assessment. The needs assessment will include an extensive public outreach component as a first step in developing a Recreation Center Master Plan that will identify the issues and estimated costs associated with improving the existing recreation center or constructing a new recreation center to address the current and future recreation needs of the community. The findings of this study will serve as the basis for adding the project to a 5-Year Capital Improvement Program to be funded in the future.
What Has Occurred To Date and Future Project Time Line
Below is a preliminary timeline which may change and will be updated accordingly. Meetings and related documents are linked below.
- January 25, 2016 - Discussed as an infrastructure priority by the City Council at a Special Meeting
- March 28, 2016 - City Council Budget Study Session
- Feasibility Study for Recreation Center Improvements
- Scope of Work
- June 20, 2016 - Fiscal Year 16-17 Budget adopted with placeholder budget ($200,000) for Recreation Center Master Plan Study
- July 18, 2016 - City Council Study Session on Recreation Center Development
- Recreation Center Scoping Study Process Development
- Public Spaces Model
- Alignment with City Council Priorities
- Defining and Approving Process
- RFP Overview
- October 17, 2016 - City Council meeting to Approve the Community Outreach Plan
- November 2, 2016 - Parks and Recreation Committee Public Meeting on the Recreation Center Master Plan
- November 14, 2016 - City Council Special Meeting on the Recreation Center Master Plan
- December 1, 2016 - Planning Commission Public Meeting on the Recreation Center Master Plan
- January 28, 2017 - Community Workshop
- February 21, 2017 - City Council meeting to Present Community Outreach Findings / Receive City Council Policy Direction
- October 16, 2017 - City Council meeting to Receive Policy Direction to Rebuild or Refurbish Recreation Center (Meeting contingent on if direction had already been given in the previous council meetings)