Do You Have Building Plans For My House
print friendly textonly
Do You Have Building Plans For My House

If your house was built prior to 1971 (when Foster City was incorporated) it is unlikely that the City will have the original plans for your house. When the City was incorporated, San Mateo County provided the City with a microfilm copy of the Building Permit Application and in some cases a copy of the Site Plan was also provided. The County does not have any plans for Foster City on file.

If your house was built after 1972, typical plans may be available for viewing between 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday.

These plans may only be copied if the City has a written approval on file from the original architect/engineer. A photocopy fee of $4.00 for the first page and $.19 for each additional page will be charged when plans are copied using the City's microfiche reader-printer.

If a Building Permit has been issued for any alterations to your house (after 1972) the plans and permit will be located on microfilm at City Hall.

Appointments may be made to view house plans. To schedule an appointment, please contact the Building Inspection Division.

City Hall - 610 Foster City Blvd.
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 286-3200